Registration is realtime and requires no additional data.
For internal transfers (domains already registered with Openprovider but at another reseller), see below.
A transfer is realtime and requires an authorization code. This authorization code can be requested at the registry, either via the current registrar, or via the Authorization code management pages in Openprovider, or via the whois on www.dnsbelgium.be. Note that the authorization code has limited validity - only 7 days.
- Transfer from quarantine is possible, additional costs apply. Contact our Support department for more information.
- In the rare case that a .be registrar stops its business, its domains will be transferred to a special registrar account of DNS Belgium. Transfers from this account will not restart their registration period; instead, the expiration date will remain unchanged.
- A bulk transfer is possible: Openprovider can transfer any number of domains with as much as signing a form. More information can be found here.
If a domain is already registered under another reseller of Openprovider, the transfer is started with a so-called internal authorization code. The current reseller can request an internal authorization code through the Authorization Code Management page in his control panel. With this code, the transfer finishes immediately.
Be sure that you copy the current owner's details exactly, at least the name and/or company name. The domain holder can provide you with the current data. If non-matching data is provided, future updates on the domain may fail until you order a trade.
To solve this, you need to create a handle which matches the current owner details.
You can update the domain via de domaindetail page to this handle.
After the domain is updated to the correct handle of the current owner, you can start a trade toward the handle of the new owner. For this trade, an external authorization code is needed and costs are involved.
|Transfer authorization code required||yes|
|Method of confirmation||authcode|
|Registration period after transfer||restarts|
|Advanced and simple transfers available||Contact our Sales department to check if easy transfer of 100 or more .be domains is available.|
A trade is realtime and requires an authorization code. It can be requested via the Trade pages in our control panel.
This authorization code can be requested at the registry, either via the current registrar, or via the Authorization code management pages in Openprovider, or via the whois on www.dns.be.
In all these cases the transfer code will be sent by email to the current registrant.
The registration period starts over again, any remaining period is lost.
An update to the contact data of the domain name is processed real-time. The owner of the domain can not be modified, for this a trade is required.
However, if you want to replace the owner handle by another owner handle that contains the same name, a normal update is allowed. This following rules apply in order to decide whether a trade or normal update is required:
- Organization to a different organization: trade (also if it's only the trading name that changes)
- Organization to a private individual: trade (also if the private individual was the previous contact person of the organization)
- Organization to the same organization, but another contact name: regular update (also if other contact data, like address or e-mail, changes)
- Private individual to a different private individual: trade
- Private individual to an organization: trade (also if the organization's contact is similar to the previous private individual)
Renew button will appear on the domain management page 28 days prior to expiration date.
As .be domains can only be registered on a monthly or yearly basis, they cannot be renewed explicitly. To renew a .be domain you have to set the domain renewal mode or default renewal mode to Autorenew.
A delete is realtime. After a delete the domain will be in quarantine status for 40 days. During this period the domain can be reactivated. If the domain is not reactivated within 40 days, the domain will be free for registration again.
A domain in quarantine status can be reactivated during 40 days. A reactivation is realtime.
|Detailed extension information|
|Registration agreement||The registry requires that a registration agreement is in place between the provider and the domain holder. The text of this registration agreement and any required supplements is the following: