What procedure to follow with .be transfers which are marked as "Internal transfer"?
In case of the internal transfer, a notification is shown during the transfer process stating "Internal Transfer". This means that the domains is already registered with Openprovider but with another reseller and requires a different approach.
To process an internal .be transfer, please follow the steps below:
A successful internal transfer requires:
- Internal authorization code
- registrant handle matching the current registrant name and/or company name
- trade (owner-change) is not allowed during internal transfer
Why can Openprovider not use the external code?
If a domain is already registered under another reseller of Openprovider, the external transfer code can not be used, due to the fact that Openprovider can not verify this transfer-code.
The transfercode from the registry will only be provided to the registrant, not to the registrar. Therefore, we can not automatically verify that this code is indeed correct.
In order to validate internal transfer, a so-called internal authorization code can be requested by the current Openprovider reseller through the Authorization Code Management page in his control panel, selection the option "internal authorization code".
Be aware! A trade (owner change) is not allowed during an internal transfer. If the owner needs to change, a trade can be processed after the intern transfer. Make sure you use handles which match the current registrant.
If non-matching data is used during an internal transfer, future updates on the domain may fail.
The domain holder can provide you with the correct current data.
Steps to follow when wrong data is used
In case the internal transfer is processed with wrong data, please follow the steps below to resolve the discrepancy:
- Create a handle which matches the current owner details to the letter (data can be obtained from WHOIS or from previous reseller)
- Update the domain via the Domain details page to the newly created handle
- Start a trade with the handle of the new owner
- For this trade, an external authorization code which comes with additional fees