This article describes the procedures and requirements of .com.mx domain names.
Click on the subject below to open the dropdown for more information.
Successful domain registration via RCP or API requires:
- 1-5 Nameservers
- The state/province value must be a 100% match.
- .mx registry explicitly checks "State/Province" field value. If the value doesn't 100% match the registry's list, the registration will be interrupted. Refer tot this Wikipedia article to look up the appropriate State/Province name and copy/paste it to prevent errors during the domain registration. Use the Official Name column.
- The street address may only contain up to 50 characters.
Successful domain transfer via RCP or API requires:
- authorisation code
- two or more nameservers or a nameserver group
- "State/Province" field value must be a 100% match
|Authorization code required||yes|
|Method of confirmation||authcode|
|Registration period after transfer||extends|
|Average transfer time||Max 10 days|
|Advanced and simple transfers available||Contact our Sales department to check if easy transfer of 100 or more .com.mx domains is available.|
Owner change (trade)
- requested as a normal domain update via RCP or API
- processed realtime
- requested via RCP or API
- processed within ~2h
- Requested via RCP or API
- processed realtime
Restore / reactivate
- restore / reactivation supported via RCP or API
- restore comes with a subsequent renew and billed accordingly
- quarantine periods can be found under
Detailed extension information > Technical information > Quarantine period
After a successful restore, we advise you to do a domain sync to make sure that the domain will resolve again.
|Registration agreement||The registry requires that a registration agreement is in place between the provider and the domain holder. The text of this registration agreement and any required supplements is the following:
Due to the regular changes in registry rules and configuration or missing information from registry side, and despite our effort to keep our knowledge base up-to-date, information in the knowledge base may be outdated or incorrect. If you encounter some issue, please report it through the "HotJar" feedback collector on the bottom right, or (if it is blocked by your browser) by clicking the "Submit a request" link below. No rights can be derived from the information in this knowledge base. If there is discrepancy between the knowledge base and the process in Openprovider, the process in Openprovider is leading.