This article describes the procedures and requirements of .ax domain names.
Click on the subject below to open the dropdown for more information.
two or more nameservers or a nameserver group
- If the owner is a legal entity, the company registration number is required.
- If the owner is a private individual, the number of passport / ID of the owner is required.
- authorisation code
- two or more nameservers or a nameserver group
|Authorization code required
|Method of confirmation
|Registration period after transfer
|Average transfer time
|Advanced and simple transfers available
|Contact our Sales department to check if easy transfer of 100 or more .ax domains is available.
Owner change (trade)
- requested as a normal domain update via RCP or API
- processed realtime
- requested via RCP or API
- not processed realtime
- .ax domains cannot be deleted explicitly.
To delete a .ax domain, you have to set the domain renewal mode to OFF.
Restore / reactivate
- Restore / Reactivation is not supported for this ccTLD.
|The registry requires that a registration agreement is in place between the provider and the domain holder. The text of this registration agreement and any required supplements is the following:
Due to the regular changes in registry rules and configuration or missing information from registry side, and despite our effort to keep our knowledge base up-to-date, information in the knowledge base may be outdated or incorrect. If you encounter some issue, please report it through the "HotJar" feedback collector on the bottom right, or (if it is blocked by your browser) by clicking the "Submit a request" link below. No rights can be derived from the information in this knowledge base. If there is discrepancy between the knowledge base and the process in Openprovider, the process in Openprovider is leading.