This article describes the procedures and requirements of .ar domain names.
Click on the subject below to open the dropdown for more information.
- Registration process can take 10 - 20 days to complete
- Local domain owner (Owner Contact) required (official / residential)
- NOTE :
If trustee service is needed, then registration must be processed manually by Openprovider.
Please send an email to Openprovider Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) containing domain name, contact handles and nameserver data.
- Transfers processed manually - submit a ticket to Openprovider support containing domain names, nameservers and handles
- Transfer procedure varies depending on current domain registrar. Necessary steps to complete the transfer are communicated on case-by-case basis
|Authorization code required||no|
|Method of confirmation|
|Registration period after transfer||restarts|
|Average transfer time||3 -7 days|
|Advanced and simple transfers available||Contact our Sales department to check if easy transfer of 100 or more .ar domains is available.|
Owner change (trade)
- Registration period - extends for 1 year
- Confirmation email sent to domain owner
- Requested via RCP or API
- Process can take several hours to take effect
- Deletion - can't be requested explicitly. Domain can only expire. Autorenewal setting must be disabled for domains scheduled for deletion
Restore / reactivate
- Restoration requests - processed manually. Can be requested via ticket to Openprovider support
|Registration agreement||The registry requires that a registration agreement is in place between the provider and the domain holder. The text of this registration agreement and any required supplements is the following:
Due to the regular changes in registry rules and configuration or missing information from registry side, and despite our effort to keep our knowledge base up-to-date, information in the knowledge base may be outdated or incorrect. If you encounter some issue, please report it through the "HotJar" feedback collector on the bottom right, or (if it is blocked by your browser) by clicking the "Submit a request" link below. No rights can be derived from the information in this knowledge base. If there is discrepancy between the knowledge base and the process in Openprovider, the process in Openprovider is leading.