This article describes the procedures and requirements of .co.jp domain names.
Click on the subject below to open the dropdown for more information.
Successful domain registration via RCP or API requires:
- Limited number of domains per registrant.
- Domain name has to be very close to company name.
- Confirmation required. Copy of commercial licence (companies) or copy of Identity Card (individuals).
- Local domain administrator (AdminC) required.
- Local domain owner (OwnerC) required (office/residence).
- Registration is not real-time. When you start the order, you will automatically receive an e-mail with further instructions.
If you provide a Japanese address for one of the contacts, the "state/province" field is mandatory and must contain the 2-digit prefecture code. A list of prefecture codes is available here; be sure not to include the "JP-" prefix, just the number.
Note: local presence service not available for .co.jp requests
A domain transfer can only be started with the current domain details as per whois record.
Successful domain transfer via RCP or API requires:
- Authorisation code
- The domain's contact handles (owner, administrative, etc.)
- Local presence required - local presence service not available for .co.jp requests
- Two or more nameservers or a nameserver group
Authorisation code for co.jp is also called "REG-ID" and can be provided by the current registrar
If the current registrar can't provide you a valid REG-ID, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org informing us about it, we will request a transfer without code. After requesting the transfer the owner will receive an email requesting transfer approval. After approval is given the transfer takes a few more days to complete.
Additional notes on a .co.jp transfer
|Authorization code required||no|
|Method of confirmation||authcode,email|
|Registration period after transfer||restarts|
|Average transfer time||Max 7 days|
|Advanced and simple transfers available||Contact our Sales department to check if easy transfer of 100 or more .co.jp domains is available.|
Owner change (trade)
- Ownerchange can be processed after the succesful transfer-in via an ownerchange / update request.
- requested via RCP or API
- processed realtime
No delete request possible. Domains can only expire and will not be renewed then.
Restore / reactivate
A domain name can be restored for 30days after the domain name has been deleted or expired.
|Registration agreement||The registry requires that a registration agreement is in place between the provider and the domain holder. The text of this registration agreement and any required supplements is the following:
Due to the regular changes in registry rules and configuration or missing information from registry side, and despite our effort to keep our knowledge base up-to-date, information in the knowledge base may be outdated or incorrect. If you encounter some issue, please report it through the "HotJar" feedback collector on the bottom right, or (if it is blocked by your browser) by clicking the "Submit a request" link below. No rights can be derived from the information in this knowledge base. If there is discrepancy between the knowledge base and the process in Openprovider, the process in Openprovider is leading.