This article describes the procedures and requirements of .vn domain names.
Click on the subject below to open the dropdown for more information.
Successful domain registration via RCP or API requires:
- A .vn can be requested through the control panel.
- Please note that if no Vietnamese address is used, proof of business relationship with Vietnam has to be send to support to complete the registration
Transfers are currently not possible through our control panel. Please contact support as we need to initiate a transfer manually. The following information is required:
- Domain name
- Owner, admin and tech handle
- Authorisation code
Please note that a domain can only be transferred, if it has an expiry date more then 31 days in the future.
|Authorization code required||yes|
|Method of confirmation||authcode|
|Registration period after transfer||extends|
|Average transfer time||max 7 days|
|Advanced and simple transfers available||Contact our Sales department to check if easy transfer of 100 or more .vn domains is available.|
Owner change (trade)
The registry does not allow trades (owner changes) at the moment.
- Please be aware that the change of nameservers is not free of charge.
- For this update the registry charges us $38 dollar.
- If you wish to update the nameservers of your domain please contact our support team and we will do that for you. An invoice will then be created for you.
- A domain needs to be deleted 8 days prior to the expiration date.
Restore / reactivate
- Restores are generally possible. And can be requested through the control panel.
- Restores are manually processed by the registry and thus can take a few days.
|Registration agreement||The registry requires that a registration agreement is in place between the provider and the domain holder. The text of this registration agreement and any required supplements is the following:
Due to the regular changes in registry rules and configuration or missing information from registry side, and despite our effort to keep our knowledge base up-to-date, information in the knowledge base may be outdated or incorrect. If you encounter some issue, please report it through the "HotJar" feedback collector on the bottom right, or (if it is blocked by your browser) by clicking the "Submit a request" link below. No rights can be derived from the information in this knowledge base. If there is discrepancy between the knowledge base and the process in Openprovider, the process in Openprovider is leading.