This article describes the procedures and requirements of .is domain names.
Click on the subject below to open the dropdown for more information.
Successful registration requires:
- Transfer - via RCP or API. Process must be completed via Openprovider support
- Openprovider support requires the login details (contact ID and password) of the current NIC admin contact handle to complete the transfer
|Authorization code required||no|
|Method of confirmation|
|Registration period after transfer||restarts|
|Average transfer time||Realtime|
|Advanced and simple transfers available||Contact our Sales department to check if easy transfer of 100 or more .is domains is available.|
Owner change (trade)
- Trade - via RCP or API, by updating the owner handle. Process is real-time
- Handle updates - via RCP or API
- DNS zone updates - via RCP and API. Not real-time. Update cna take 6-12 hours to complete
- Nameserver updates - via RCP and API. Not real-time. Process is manual, can take up to 2 business days to complete
NB: Error message like
Domain update failed: E0102, Domain could not be updated., Identical task is already being processed means previous update is not finished yet
Restore / reactivate
- Restore - within 30 days after expiration
|Registration agreement||The registry requires that a registration agreement is in place between the provider and the domain holder. The text of this registration agreement and any required supplements is the following:
Due to the regular changes in registry rules and configuration or missing information from registry side, and despite our effort to keep our knowledge base up-to-date, information in the knowledge base may be outdated or incorrect. If you encounter some issue, please report it through the "HotJar" feedback collector on the bottom right, or (if it is blocked by your browser) by clicking the "Submit a request" link below. No rights can be derived from the information in this knowledge base. If there is discrepancy between the knowledge base and the process in Openprovider, the process in Openprovider is leading.