This article describes the procedures and requirements of .ir domain names.
Click on the subject below to open the dropdown for more information.
- Once the transfer has been initiated we would need the login details of the administrative contact at IRNIC.
- Openprovider reseller handle at IRNIC is in102-irnic
- Nameservers must be configured and return an authoritative answer before the domain is requested.
|Authorization code required||no|
|Method of confirmation|
|Registration period after transfer|
|Average transfer time|
|Advanced and simple transfers available||Contact our Sales department to check if easy transfer of 100 or more .ir domains is available.|
In order to transfer the domain away, send Openprovider the nic-handle of the new domain registrar.
Alternatively, there is also a procedure with documents that needs to get sent from the domain owner or new provider to IRNIC.
Owner change (trade)
When a trade is started a form is generated by the registry. Beside the form a copy of the commercial register of the current owner is required.
- Nameservers must be configured and return an authoritative answer before the domain is requested
- Explicit cancellations incur additional fee of 45EUR.
- Regular expiration does not incur additional fees
Restore / reactivate
- Restore is only possible after domain has expired, not after the explicit deletion of the domain. Please contact support for assistance.
|Registration agreement||The registry requires that a registration agreement is in place between the provider and the domain holder. The text of this registration agreement and any required supplements is the following:
Due to the regular changes in registry rules and configuration or missing information from registry side, and despite our effort to keep our knowledge base up-to-date, information in the knowledge base may be outdated or incorrect. If you encounter some issue, please report it through the "HotJar" feedback collector on the bottom right, or (if it is blocked by your browser) by clicking the "Submit a request" link below. No rights can be derived from the information in this knowledge base. If there is discrepancy between the knowledge base and the process in Openprovider, the process in Openprovider is leading.