This article describes the procedures and requirements of .ie domain names.
Click on the subject below to open the dropdown for more information.
- Two or more nameservers or a nameserver group
- After the registration is requested a proof of business relationship is requested.
- Commercial licence (companies) or copy of an Identity Card (individuals) is required.
- Both documents need to be send to our support team at email@example.com
NB: A proof of business relationship can be a business register extract for an office registered in Ireland, an invoice sent to an Irish customer or simply another .ie domain name of the same holder. Find a full overview of accepted proofs in section 18.104.22.168 of the Registrant Terms and Conditions.
- Two or more nameservers or a nameserver group.
- Authorization code required.
NB: If the domain holder changes during the transfer, please send us a Chamber of Commerce document (KvK document) for this order to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the domain name will be different from the company name, a trademark will be required or the registrant may have a product with this name.
A written statement and explanation of this connection is also acceptable.
Please send these documents to our support team email@example.com.
The authorization code can be obtained at the following link to the registrant. https://console.iedr.ie/index.php?r=authcodePortal/request
Additional notes on a .ie transfer
- The authorisation code is valid for 14 days
|Authorization code required||yes|
|Method of confirmation||authcode|
|Registration period after transfer||restarts|
|Average transfer time||72 hours|
|Advanced and simple transfers available||Contact our Sales department to check if easy transfer of 100 or more .ie domains is available.|
Owner change (trade)
The trade of a .ie domain need to be requested by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact handle required.
- Two or more namesevers required.
- Requested via RCP or API
- Processed realtime.
- DNS update is not immediate, take up to 6-12 hours to complete.
NB: TLD is not 100% automated and NS update can take more time, which can also be more than 2 days. Please taking in mind weekends and public holidays.
If the system returns the follow error message, "Domain update failed: E0102, Domain could not be updated., Identical task is already being processed" error after NS update try, then please contact Openprovider support to complete request.
- Requested via RCP or API
- A signed fax (or email) on headed paper from the current Administrative Contact must be send to email@example.com, confirming that they authorize the cancellation of the domain name.
Restore / reactivate
|Registration agreement||The registry requires that a registration agreement is in place between the provider and the domain holder. The text of this registration agreement and any required supplements is the following:
Due to the regular changes in registry rules and configuration or missing information from registry side, and despite our effort to keep our knowledge base up-to-date, information in the knowledge base may be outdated or incorrect. If you encounter some issue, please report it through the "HotJar" feedback collector on the bottom right, or (if it is blocked by your browser) by clicking the "Submit a request" link below. If there is discrepancy between the knowledge base and the process in Openprovider, the process in Openprovider is leading.