This article describes the procedures and requirements of .ie domain names.
Click on the subject below to open the dropdown for more information.
- Two or more nameservers or a nameserver group
- After the registration is requested a proof of business relationship is requested.
- Commercial licence (companies) or copy of an Identity Card (individuals) is required.
- Both documents need to be send to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: A proof of business relationship can be a business register extract for an office registered in Ireland, an invoice sent to an Irish customer or simply another .ie domain name of the same holder. Find a full overview of accepted proofs in section 18.104.22.168 of the Registrant Terms and Conditions.
- Two or more nameservers or a nameserver group.
- Authorization code required.
NB: If the domain holder changes during the transfer, please send us a Chamber of Commerce document (KvK document) for this order to email@example.com.
If the domain name will be different from the company name, a trademark will be required or the registrant may have a product with this name.
A written statement and explanation of this connection is also acceptable.
Please send these documents to our support team firstname.lastname@example.org.
The authorization code can be obtained at the following link to the registrant. https://console.iedr.ie/index.php?r=authcodePortal/request
Additional notes on a .ie transfer
- The authorisation code is valid for 14 days
|Authorization code required||yes|
|Method of confirmation||authcode|
|Registration period after transfer||restarts|
|Average transfer time||72 hours|
|Advanced and simple transfers available||Contact our Sales department to check if easy transfer of 100 or more .ie domains is available.|
Owner change (trade)
The trade of a .ie domain need to be requested by email to email@example.com.
- Contact handle required.
- Two or more namesevers required.
- Requested via RCP or API
- Processed realtime.
- DNS update is not immediate, take up to 6-12 hours to complete.
NB: TLD is not 100% automated and NS update can take more time, which can also be more than 2 days. Please taking in mind weekends and public holidays.
If the system returns the follow error message, "Domain update failed: E0102, Domain could not be updated., Identical task is already being processed" error after NS update try, then please contact Openprovider support to complete request.
- Requested via RCP or API
- A signed fax (or email) on headed paper from the current Administrative Contact must be send to firstname.lastname@example.org, confirming that they authorize the cancellation of the domain name.
Restore / reactivate
|Registration agreement||The registry requires that a registration agreement is in place between the provider and the domain holder. The text of this registration agreement and any required supplements is the following: