This article describes the procedures and requirements of .gt domain names.
Click on the subject below to open the dropdown for more information.
Successful domain registration requires:
- the domain's contact handles (owner, administrative, etc.)
- two or more nameservers or a nameserver group
Registration is not realtime and can be processed within a few days.
A transfer of .gt equals a change in billing contact and admin contact. The current administrative contact (which is us) should send an e-mail with the required change to the registry.
The e-mail must be sent from the administrative contact's e-mail address, and include:
- a signed confirmation letter on letterhead of the administrative contact, with the changes explained
- a copy of an identity document of the signer (to verify the signature)
Doing the update, both the administrative and the billing contact must be updated to:
|Authorization code required||no|
|Method of confirmation||email,forms|
|Registration period after transfer||unchanged|
|Average transfer time||30 days|
|Advanced and simple transfers available||Contact our Sales department to check if easy transfer of 100 or more .gt domains is available.|
Owner change (trade)
- The new and old owners should give written approval, on the company's letterheads.
- Approval can be sent by e-mail to the registry at email@example.com.
Notify firstname.lastname@example.org once this is started so we can update the domain in the control panel to correspond the new owner.
Once deleted, the domain is available for registration as soon as the registry has processed the deletion request.
Restore / reactivate
Reactivation is not allowed.
|Registration agreement||The registry requires that a registration agreement is in place between the provider and the domain holder. The text of this registration agreement and any required supplements is the following: