Explanation of the registration process is also available in video!
Click here for the English version of the video.
Click here for the Dutch version of the video.
Registration can be started by requesting the domainname through the control panel.
*Be aware*: Tax number (individual) or VAT number (company) is required for both owner and administrative contact!
After the domainname has been registered it will need to be activated. To activate a domainname you will receive the username and password (called PIN) at the registrant email adress.
Using the username and password the registrant will have to log in at www.dk-hostmaster.dk and find the activation pages by navigating through the following steps;
* Domainname list
* Find the new domainname and click on it
* On the right there will be a danish link labeled 'aktiver domænenavnet'
* On the next page you will need to log in again
* There will be two steps in danish where you confirm the wish to activate the domain
If this activation is not done within one year after initial registration, the domainname will be deleted again. No refunds are given for deleted domainnames.
If you are using your own nameservers that have not been used for .dk domains before, you will need to apply for the usage of these nameservers before you can submit them for domain registrations. You can so so at DK Hostmaster's website.
Once this is done, you can continue the registration/transfer/update of your domainname.
To transfer the domainname to Openprovider as a Registrar, simply request the transfer in our control panel.
It will automaticly complete within 3 to 5 days.
|Transfer authorization code required||no|
|Method of confirmation|
|Registration period after transfer||unchanged|
|Transfer time||max 5 days|
|Advanced and simple transfers available||Contact our Sales department to check if easy transfer of 100 or more .dk domains is available.|
To change the owner of a .dk domainname,
You must transfer the domain name in the DK selfservice menu, if you wish to give a domain name to someone else or re-register it to another user ID. Below you wil find a link to the explaination how to request this in the selfservice menu of hostmaster.dk
To change the registrant details of a .dk domainname, You must transfer the domain name in the DK selfservice menu, if you wish to give a domain name to someone else or re-register it to another user ID. Below you wil find a link to the explaination how to request this in the selfservice menu of hostmaster.dk
Please note that for a nameserver change to be possible through the control panel the nameservers need to be activated at the registry first. This can be done on the website of the registry;
A delete has to be requested at the registry. Please note that letting the domain expire will return it to the registry, and the domain owner still needs to delete the domain through the self-service. Otherwise the reigstry will send invoices for maintaining the domain.
You delete domain names through the self-service feature on their website:
Log on to our self-service using your user ID as stated on the invoice and your password.
If you can not remember your password you can retrieve a new password here.
Here is a detailed guide for what you do when you are logged in:
- If you login with a password which you have chosen yourself, you will be taken directly to the self-service front page which is under the long red bar where your user ID is in the bar on the right side.
- If you log in with a temporary password you have retrieved from our website, then you have to change the password to a permanent self chosen password..
After entering the password, click “Next ”and then “Back to Self-service’s main menu”.
Be aware that the deletion takes place in 2 steps, a request and then a confirmation.
- On the Self-service front page click on the link “Delete domain name(s)” under the long red bar.
- Then select the domain names that you want to delete and click “Delete”.
- Then select whether the domain name should be deleted today or at the end of this period. Then click “Next”.
- To confirm the request, click “Next”.
- Click “Back to Self-service’s main menu” to confirm the deletion.
- Above the red bar you find Important messages. Click the link “Click Here”.
- Select the domain, for which you would like to confirm the deletion and click “Next”.
- Click “Next” again.
The deletion is now complete and we will delete both the domain name
Deleting the domain from the Openprovider systems or letting it expire automatically will only send the domain name back to the registry. You will still need to send in a form to ensure that the domain name is deleted.
Incase the domain was registered on your name without your premision the domain can be deleted by sending the below form to firstname.lastname@example.org
As long as the domain has not been deleted explicitly at the registry by the domain holder (see the "delete" section on this page), the domain can be restored to your Openprovider account by initiating a regular transfer.
If the domain holder has already sent in the deletion form to the registry, the domainname can not be restored anymore. Once released by the registry, the domain can be order as new registration again.
|Detailed extension information|
|Registration agreement||The registry requires that a registration agreement is in place between the provider and the domain holder. The text of this registration agreement and any required supplements is the following: