This article describes the procedures and requirements of .dk domain names.
Click on the subject below to open the dropdown for more information.
Explanation of the registration process is also available in a form of a video.
Successful domain registration requires:
- Valid tax number (for persons) & VAT number (for companies) must be stated in the owner & andmin handles
- Activating domain within 4 days after successful registration
- Registry emails username and PIN to domain owner's email
- Domain owner logs in to www.dk-hostmaster.dk using username and PIN
- Domain owner finds domain in the list, clicks the link labelled aktiver domænenavnet and confirms activation on the following pages
- Domain nameservers must be registered in DK registry - process described in the tutorial video
- Technical handle must be appointed as nameserver manager - registry sends confirmation link to the email stated in tech handle
- Failure to activate domains within 4 days after registration results in domain deletion. Openprovider doesn't refund registration fees for such domains
- If invalid email supplied in owner handle during the registration, domain can't be activated. New registration request is possible only after activation period expires
A transfer can be started in the control panel.
There is no transfer code required and the transfer will finish within seconds.
Be aware, the registrant and other contacts will NOT be updated during of after the transfer.
Also the nameservers will NOT be updated. The information which you enter in the control panel is for administrative purposes. All updates to the domain details needs to be initiated at the self-service panel of the registry. See section "update".
|Authorization code required||no|
|Method of confirmation|
|Registration period after transfer||unchanged|
|Average transfer time||realtime|
|Advanced and simple transfers available||Contact our Sales department to check if easy transfer of 100 or more .dk domains is available.|
Owner change (trade)
- Trade must be requested through DK Hostmaster selfservice panel
- A trade fee of 50.00 DKK must be paid directly via DK Hostmaster selfservice panel, as soon as receiving owner accepts the trade
- Detailed trade instructions can be found here
- Domain owner details change - via trade procedure. Owner name, company name or VAT update considered a trade.
- All other updates - must be initiated by domain owner or admin via DK Hostmaster selfservice panel
- Nameserver updates - require pre-configured DNS zone, containing valid NS records
- Delete - requested via DK Hostmaster selfservice panel
- Detailed delete instructions can be found here
NB: Deleting domain via RCP or API, or letting it expire will return domain name to the registry. Domain owner will continue receiving invoices for domain renewals directly from DK Hostmaster, until domain is deleted via selfservice panel
Restore / reactivate
- Restore - using common domain transfer operation, if domain wasn't deleted explicitly. If domain was deleted - restoration isn't possible
|Registration agreement||The registry requires that a registration agreement is in place between the provider and the domain holder. The text of this registration agreement and any required supplements is the following: