This article describes the procedures and requirements of .de domain names.
Click on the subject below to open the dropdown for more information.
Successful domain registration requires:
- an authorization code that you need to request at your current provider (validity: 8-30 days)
- the domain's contact handles (owner, administrative, etc.)
- two or more pre-configured nameservers or a nameserver group
A transfer for a .de takes a maximum of 6 days to complete.
Additional notes on a .de transfer
- If the current provider is unable to provide the auth code, we ask the registry to send code by registered letter to the domain holder. Additional costs.
- If any error appears after the transfer is complete - the nameservers have not been updated.
- The registry does not notify the domain holder after a succeeded transfer and will never contact the domain holder during regular domain operations.
- It is possible to transfer a domain that is in the redemption period at another registrar (transfer from quarantine). In order to do so, request an AuthInfo2. With this AuthInfo2, you can initiate a regular transfer, during which the domain will be reactivated instantly.
|Authorization code required||yes|
|Method of confirmation||authcode|
|Registration period after transfer||restarts|
|Average transfer time||Realtime|
|Advanced and simple transfers available||Contact our Sales department to check if easy transfer of 100 or more .de domains is available.|
Outgoing transfer requires the following information:
- an authorization code (validity: 8-30 days) - if domicile is on, switch to off, then request code
Owner change (trade)
An update is processed in realtime. Nameservers updated in a registry within 2 hrs.
In a case of any registry, update errors refer to the article.
There are 2 ways of removing a .de domain from Openprovider:
- Explicitly deletion upon request of the domain holder puts the domain into a redemption period.
- Putting the domain in TRANSIT gives the domain back to the registry. The domain remains registered, but the supplier is no longer us or you. The registry will send a letter by postal mail to the domain owner with login data for the TRANSIT website and further information. If the domain holder wants to delete the domain, he should request so in writing to the registry.
Restore / reactivate
Reactivation is possible via RCP/API within 29 days after delete.
If domain into TRANSIT, it can be restored in Openprovider by requesting a regular transfer.
The domain owner/administrator logs in to Registry TRANSIT website (login details are sent by postal mail after putting the domain into TRANSIT) and request an authorization code.
If can not log in, the owner/administrator request Registry to set a new auth code using special form.
|Registration agreement||The registry requires that a registration agreement is in place between the provider and the domain holder. The text of this registration agreement and any required supplements is the following: