This article describes the procedures and requirements of .com.tr domain names.
Click on the subject below to open the dropdown for more information.
- Domain registration is requested via RCP or API.
- Two or more nameservers must be configured and return an authoritative answer before the domain is requested.
- Transfer is preformed by the current domain registrar by updating domain owner NIC handles to the handles of the new registrar. Contact Openprovider support to receive NIC handles set
- Transfer application form, signed and stamped
|Authorization code required||no|
|Method of confirmation||email,forms|
|Registration period after transfer||restarts|
|Average transfer time||10 days|
|Advanced and simple transfers available||Contact our Sales department to check if easy transfer of 100 or more .com.tr domains is available.|
Once the transfer is initiated at the new registrar, the transfer needs to be approved manually by us.
Please contact our Support Department requesting the same.
Owner change (trade)
- Trade - not supported for this TLD
- Handle updates - not supported
- DNS zone updates - via RCP and API. Not real-time. Update cna take 6-12 hours to complete
- Nameserver updates - via RCP and API. Not real-time. Process is manual, can take up to 2 business days to complete
NB: Error message like
Domain update failed: E0102, Domain could not be updated., Identical task is already being processed means previous update is not finished yet
- Delete - via RCP or API.
Once the domain is deleted, it goes directly to Hard Quarantine, hence if you need to keep the domain ACTIVE, make sure that the Auto Renew is ON.
Restore / reactivate
- Restore - not supported for this TLD
Once the domain is expired, it will be available after 3 MONTHS for re-registration.
|Registration agreement||The registry requires that a registration agreement is in place between the provider and the domain holder. The text of this registration agreement and any required supplements is the following:
Due to the regular changes in registry rules and configuration or missing information from registry side, and despite our effort to keep our knowledge base up-to-date, information in the knowledge base may be outdated or incorrect. If you encounter some issue, please report it through the "HotJar" feedback collector on the bottom right, or (if it is blocked by your browser) by clicking the "Submit a request" link below. No rights can be derived from the information in this knowledge base. If there is discrepancy between the knowledge base and the process in Openprovider, the process in Openprovider is leading.