This article describes the procedures and requirements of .com.br domain names.
Click on the subject below to open the dropdown for more information.
- Trustee service applied automatically, if domain owner contact isn't located in Brazil.
- The registrant must be over 18 years old.
- If domain is being registered without trustee service:
- Valid CPF number (Social security number) for private owner contact (CPF must be given in the following format: NNN.NNN.NNN-NN)
- Valid CNPJ number (VAT number) for company owner contact (CNPJ must be given in the following format: NN.NNN.NNN/NNNN-NN)
- Preconfigured DNS zone with at least 1 valid A-record. Zone can be verified via registry's DNS checker
NB: for registered domain names, their variations with additional ASCII characters are not possible. i.e. if domainname.com.br is registered, domain-name.com.br can't be registered. Such variations can be registered by the original domain owner only.
In case of a Brazilian contact the two letter state value is mandatory:
- Acre - AC
- Alagoas - AL
- Amapá - AP
- Amazonas - AM
- Bahia - BA
- Ceará - CE
- Distrito Federal - DF
- Espíríto Santo - ES
- Goiás - GO
- Maranhão - MA
- Mato Grosso - MT
- Mato Grosso do Sul - MS
- Minas Gerais - MG
- Pará - PA
- Paraíba - PB
- Paraná - PR
- Pernambuco - PE
- Piauí - PI
- Rio de Janeiro - RJ
- Rio Grande do Norte - RN
- Rio Grande do Sul - RS
- Rondônia - RO
- Roraima - RR
- Santa Catarina - SC
- São Paulo - SP
- Sergipe - SE
- Tocantins - TO
- Domain owner completes a transfer application form
- Completed form must be signed by domain owner and notarized
- Domain owner sends the form to NIC.BR postal address stated in the document
- Once form is received by the registry, NIC.BR contacts domain owner to complete the process
NB: Our local presence address can be used for a form completion:
- CNPJ: 10.424.053/0001-93
- NIC-ID: LAJEN Towebbrasil LTDA Rodovia do Sol 980, Loja 3, Ed. Guilherme Meloti
- CEP: 29102-020, Praia de Itaparica - Vila Velha, ES, Brasil
- Phone: +55 (27) 35342591
Additional notes on a .com.br transfer
- Transfer application form available in Portuguese only. Some of the fields translated below:
- Nome do 1º representante = current owner (check whois https://registro.br/cgi-bin/whois/)
- RG - Domain contact person
|Authorization code required||no|
|Method of confirmation||forms|
|Registration period after transfer||unchanged|
|Average transfer time||Unknown|
|Advanced and simple transfers available||Contact our Sales department to check if easy transfer of 100 or more .com.br domains is available.|
Owner change (trade)
- Requested via RCP or API
Note: The registry has changed the process for modifying the contact of a .COM.BR domain from a real-time process to a non-real-time process that requires the new contact’s consent.
A contact update triggers an email to be sent to the new contact. It contains a link through which the request must be accepted. The link is valid for 24 hours, during this time the request remains in the PROCESSING status in the registry system. The contact change is only carried out after confirmation. If it is rejected or the link has expired, a new change request must be submitted.
The tech and billing contacts can also be changed by the domain’s administrative contact following the process outlined above.
- Requested via RCP or API
- Process can take several hours to take effect
- A .com.br domain can only be deleted using NIC.BR online form, which is only available in Portuguese.
Restore / reactivate
- Restore can be requested within 20 days after domain expiration
|Registration agreement||The registry requires that a registration agreement is in place between the provider and the domain holder. The text of this registration agreement and any required supplements is the following:
Due to the regular changes in registry rules and configuration or missing information from registry side, and despite our effort to keep our knowledge base up-to-date, information in the knowledge base may be outdated or incorrect. If you encounter some issue, please report it through the "HotJar" feedback collector on the bottom right, or (if it is blocked by your browser) by clicking the "Submit a request" link below. No rights can be derived from the information in this knowledge base. If there is discrepancy between the knowledge base and the process in Openprovider, the process in Openprovider is leading.