.co.ke domains can be registered through the control panel.
And require that the nameservers are configured in advance.
registration will take 3 working days.
In order to transfer a .co.ke you need to initiate the transfer with the authcode of the domain. Make sure the current registrar has unlocked the domain.
|Transfer authorization code required
|Method of confirmation
|Registration period after transfer
|Advanced and simple transfers available
||Contact our Sales department to check if easy transfer of 100 or more .co.ke domains is available.
Trade (owner change)
|Detailed extension information
- Registry: kenic
- Registry whois: whois.kenic.or.ke
- Registry web based whois:
- Registry zonefile updates:
- Available second level domains: .info.ke, .ne.ke, .ac.ke, .go.ke, .sc.ke
- DNSSEC support: no
- Minimum: 2
- Maximum: 63
- Hyphens ("-") only singly (no "--"), letters and numbers.
- No hyphen at the beginning or at the end.
- Registration period: 1-5 years
- Renewal date offset: 60 days
The number of days before the registry's expiration date, that Openprovider requires the domain to be renewed or expired. More info.
- Soft quarantine period: n/a days
During this period, following after an expiration, the domain can be restored for free. This period does not apply if the domain is deleted explicitly. More info.
- Quarantine period: 0 days
During this period, an expired or deleted domain name can be reactivated at an additional fee.
- Local presence required? yes
- Does Openprovider provide local presence services? yes
- Local activity required? no
- Correct nameserver configuration required? no
- Primary and secondary nameservers have to be configured prior registration or transfer.
||The registry requires that a registration agreement is in place between the provider and the domain holder. The text of this registration agreement and any required supplements is the following: