A .cl domainname can be registered through the control panel. Registration is realtime. In the past, .cl domain holders could get a "certificate of entitlement" that shows the registration data of a domain name. This service is discontinued by the registry at this moment, although if the domain holder insists, they can make an exception. Please contact our support department in that case.
To transfer a .cl domain to Openprovider, the domain owner should request the domain's authorization code from its current registrar.
- The authorization code is valid for 30 days.
- As soon as you request the authorization code, you are obliged to notify the domain contacts about the fact that you have received a request for an authorization code to change the registrar
- During the first 30 days after registration, a domain cannot be transferred.
- A transfer is not allowed within 5 days before the domain's expiration date.
- The losing registrar will send the domain owner and administrative contact an e-mail to inform about the transfer; within 5 days, the domain contacts can approve or reject the transfer.
|Transfer authorization code required||yes|
|Method of confirmation||authcode|
|Registration period after transfer||extends|
|Transfer time||5 days|
|Advanced and simple transfers available||Contact our Sales department to check if easy transfer of 100 or more .cl domains is available.|
The holder of a .cl domain can be changed by a regular update on the domain name.
After deletion, a domain goes in redemptionPeriod (non-restorable) for 30 days, followed by a random period of maximum 15 days before the domain is released again.
Restores are possible within 30 days upon deletion.
|Detailed extension information|
|Registration agreement||The registry requires that a registration agreement is in place between the provider and the domain holder. The text of this registration agreement and any required supplements is the following: