This article describes the procedures and requirements of .au domain names.
Click on the subject below to open the dropdown for more information.
- The procedure of registering a Second Level .AU domain can be found here.
- Local address of the domain owner is required.
- Local address of the domain administrative contract is required.
- A copy of the commercial license (companies) or a copy of an Identity Card (individuals) is required.
- A copy of trademark documentation is required.
- Companies can only register .com.au, .net.au domains
- Private individuals can only register id.au domains
- Please refer to the table for all combinations of Domain Relationtype and .AU Zone allowed
The following legal details are required to continue register a *.au domain:
- Eligibility ID (usually ABN/ACN)
- Eligibility ID type (ABN or ACN)
- Eligiblity name (company name)
- Eligibility Type ABN/ID and eligibility name must match. This can be validated/checked through an ABN checker like http://abr.business.gov.au/.
- Partnership (An Australian partnership or sole trader.)
- Pending TM Owner (An applicant for an Australian Registered Trademark.)
- Registered Business
- Sole Trader
- Trademark Owner (The owner of an Australian Registered Trademark.)
- Eligibility relationship
- The name exactly matches the acronym or abbreviation of the registrant's company or trading name, organization or association name, or trademark.
- The name is connected closely and substantially to the registrant.
The owner, administrative and technical contact must match the Australian Presence Requirements.
- authcode - required
- email approval - required (within 30 days)
|Authorization code required||yes|
|Method of confirmation||authcode,email|
|Registration period after transfer||unchanged|
|Average transfer time||Max 30 days|
|Advanced and simple transfers available||Contact our Sales department to check if easy transfer of 100 or more .au domains is available.|
Owner change (trade)
A change of ownership is not supported.
The change of an email address linked to a contact handle is not supported.
explicit delete - not supported
Restore / reactivate
The domain can be renewed for 30 days after its expiration.
|Registration agreement||The registry requires that a registration agreement is in place between the provider and the domain holder. The text of this registration agreement and any required supplements is the following:
Due to the regular changes in registry rules and configuration or missing information from registry side, and despite our effort to keep our knowledge base up-to-date, information in the knowledge base may be outdated or incorrect. If you encounter some issue, please report it through the "HotJar" feedback collector on the bottom right, or (if it is blocked by your browser) by clicking the "Submit a request" link below. No rights can be derived from the information in this knowledge base. If there is discrepancy between the knowledge base and the process in Openprovider, the process in Openprovider is leading.