This article describes the procedures and requirements of .al domain names.
Click on the subject below to open the dropdown for more information.
- The applicant of the domain, should provide correct contact information and if required, a unique identifier (e.g. business registration for companies, personal identifier for individuals). If incorrect data is provided the domain will be refused by the Registry.
- Personal ID number, found in the identity card or passport of the registrant should be correct and should correspond with the country provided by the applicant in the Country field.
- The address of the applicant should be correct and fully detailed containing:
Street name/number, Building name/number, Entrance number, Floor number, apartment number or further details if available.
-Failing to provide your fully detailed address will result in a refusal of domain registration by the Registry. Address field should not contain special characters.
Only letters, numbers and comma are allowed.
- ZIP code should not contain any blank spaces.
- Telephone/Mobile number provided by the applicant should be correct and should correspond to the Country that the Registrant has provided in the Country’s field.
- The domain that you are looking for should not be in forbidden domain names or in reserved domain names
You can find more information about Forbidden Domain Names and Reserved Domain Names on the following links :
- It is always important to mention the Auth Code, beside the VAT number, you also have to indicate a natural person and this person's ID / passport number for the Owner Handle, whenever you register or transfer .al domains.
Additional notes on a .al transferA .al domain transfer must be initiated with a so-called authorization code, which can be obtained from the current registrar and the expiration date needs to be more than 30 days in the future.
|Authorization code required||yes|
|Method of confirmation||authcode|
|Registration period after transfer||unchanged|
|Average transfer time||max. 6 days|
|Advanced and simple transfers available||Contact our Sales department to check if easy transfer of 100 or more .al domains is available.|
- processed realtime
- If as part of the update the domain owner’s e-mail address changes, we’re obliged to start a contact verification process if this new e-mail address was not verified before.
DeleteAs .al domains cannot be deleted explicitly.
To delete a .al domain you have to set the domain renewal mode or default renewal mode to OFF.
Restore / reactivateAfter an .al domain expired you have 30 days time to renew it.
After the 30 days, the domain is free for registration again.
|Registration agreement||The registry requires that a registration agreement is in place between the provider and the domain holder. The text of this registration agreement and any required supplements is the following:
Due to the regular changes in registry rules and configuration or missing information from registry side, and despite our effort to keep our knowledge base up-to-date, information in the knowledge base may be outdated or incorrect. If you encounter some issue, please report it through the "HotJar" feedback collector on the bottom right, or (if it is blocked by your browser) by clicking the "Submit a request" link below. No rights can be derived from the information in this knowledge base. If there is discrepancy between the knowledge base and the process in Openprovider, the process in Openprovider is leading.