This article describes the procedures and requirements of .to domain names.
Click on the subject below to open the dropdown for more information.
Successful domain registration requires:
- two or more nameservers or a nameserver group
- To transfer a domain name the current registrant must first create a transfer key. The new registrant uses that key to re-register the domain in their name.
Domain name transfers are considered as new registrations.
DO NOT give away your master password as a method of transferring domain names --- this will result in reassigning the registration of ALL of the domain names registered under that customer handle!
- If you have a transfer key for a domain name, go to www.tonic.to/transfersld.htm.
- upon successfully transferring a .to domain, it is automatically renewed for two years.
|Authorization code required||yes|
|Method of confirmation||authcode|
|Registration period after transfer||restarts|
|Average transfer time||max 19 days|
|Advanced and simple transfers available||Contact our Sales department to check if easy transfer of 100 or more .to domains is available.|
You can request a code for outgoing transfer via the support department.
NB! Please let us know when the domain was successfully transferred out, as we need to remove the domain manually from your control panel. Otherwise the billing will continue!.
Owner change (trade)
- trade is processed manually by Openprovider support
- comes with additional costs
- extends registration period for 24 months
- deletion is processed realtime
Restore / reactivate
|Registration agreement||The registry requires that a registration agreement is in place between the provider and the domain holder. The text of this registration agreement and any required supplements is the following:
Due to the regular changes in registry rules and configuration or missing information from registry side, and despite our effort to keep our knowledge base up-to-date, information in the knowledge base may be outdated or incorrect. If you encounter some issue, please report it through the "HotJar" feedback collector on the bottom right, or (if it is blocked by your browser) by clicking the "Submit a request" link below. No rights can be derived from the information in this knowledge base. If there is discrepancy between the knowledge base and the process in Openprovider, the process in Openprovider is leading.