This article describes the procedures and requirements of .ro domain names.
Click on the subject below to open the dropdown for more information.
- Tax number (individual) or VAT number AND company registration number (company) is required.
- authorisation code by retrieving the authorization code from the current registrar.
- Alternatively, the current registrant can log in to the .ro registry website, visit the menu .ro Domains > On-line administration and request the transfer code. See the screenshots below (under the section Trade) for details. Once you have the code, please send the authorization code and the handles you wish to apply to the domain name to email@example.com. Openprovider will process the rest of the transfer for you.
- The transfer will complete in three days.
|Authorization code required||yes|
|Method of confirmation||authcode|
|Registration period after transfer||extends|
|Average transfer time||Max 3 days|
|Advanced and simple transfers available||Contact our Sales department to check if easy transfer of 100 or more .ro domains is available.|
Owner change (trade)
- "Trade authorization key". This code can be requested from the registry website by the current registrant; visit the menu .ro Domain Registry > Domain administration > Online. These steps are visualized in the screenshots below. Note that the trade authorization key is valid for 14 days only.
- Once you have the code you can send it to us and we will start the trade.
- Once started you will receive forms from us to sign.
- Once signed these forms will need to be sent to the registry via postal mail to the address as listed on the forms themselves.
- If all goes right and is accepted the trade will complete as soon as the registry processes it.
- Screenshots showing how to request a trade authorization key:
- A contact or nameserver update can be performed by updating the handle of the domain.
- This change is processed realtime.
- In order to delete a .RO domain, you can disable the auto-renewal.
- The domain will expire on the expiration date. (recommended) If you want the domain deleted directly, a deletion document needs to be filled in.
- This document needs to be faxed to the registry and the original document needs to be sent by postal mail to: ICI - ROTLD Registry Bd. Averescu 8-10 Sector 1 Bucharest 011455 Romania
- Please contact support for the required document. So, no additional paperwork is required if you let the domain expire on the expiration date, while the deletion can be performed at any point of time during the registration period, but paperwork is required.
Restore / reactivate
- A restore can be requested via API command or via webinterface.
- The restore request will be manually processed by our support team. You will be notified by email
|Registration agreement||The registry requires that a registration agreement is in place between the provider and the domain holder. The text of this registration agreement and any required supplements is the following: