This article describes the procedures and requirements of .no domain names.
Click on the subject below to open the dropdown for more information.
- the domain's contact handles (owner, administrative, etc.)
- The registrant handle needs to have an address in Norway.
- Openprovider does not offer a local presence service for Norway
- two or more nameservers or a nameserver group
- Private individuals need a N.PRI.XXXXXXXX number in the field passport/ID number
and also Social security number.
- Valid phone number
- The registration is not realtime, it can take 2 days before the domain reaches status Active in your control panel.
If the reseller or the domain registrant does not have an address in Norway, Openprovider can not provide any .no domains. Openprovider does not have a local presence service for Norway. Furthermore, a valid phone number must be added in the details of the owner handle. These details will be randomly checked by the registry in order to see if they are valid. Private individuals need a N.PRI.XXXXXXXX number in the field passport/ID number and also Social security number. See list requirements how to obtain this N.PRI number.
If owner is company, the Norwergian company number and VAT must be added. You can check the number of the company here: BRREG.
- A transfer can be started with an authorization code. This code can be obtained from the current registrar. Once requested, we will process it manually.
- Please, pay attention that transfer will be done with same contacts that the domain already has. Once the transfer is done, you will be able to change the registrant.
Additional notes on a .no transfer
|Authorization code required||yes|
|Method of confirmation||authcode|
|Registration period after transfer||unchanged|
|Average transfer time||2 days|
|Advanced and simple transfers available||Contact our Sales department to check if easy transfer of 100 or more .no domains is available.|
Owner change (trade)
- To change an owner of a .no domain name you can start a trade. This trade will be completed immediately.
- A contact or namenserver update can be performed by updating the domain in your panel.
- This change is processed manually by our supportteam and may take up to 24 hours.
- The Norwegian registry is very strict in updates and does not allow updates of handles that contains the same information as the previous handle
- A domainname can be deleted manually through the control panel.
Restore / reactivate
- A domain name can be restored for 90 days after the domain name has been deleted or expired. This is not an automated process.
- Please contact support via email to restore your domain.
- It might take a day before the domain name becomes active again.
|Registration agreement||The registry requires that a registration agreement is in place between the provider and the domain holder. The text of this registration agreement and any required supplements is the following: