This article describes the procedures and requirements of .no domain names.
Click on the subject below to open the dropdown for more information.
- the domain's contact handles (owner, administrative, etc.)
- the domain owner must be a Norwegian organisation or private individual with a Norwegian address. Openprovider does not offer a local presence service for Norway
- private individuals need a N.PRI.XXXXXXXX number in the Passport/ID number field
and a Social security number
- companies need a Norwergian company number and a VAT number present in the handle.
- valid phone number is required in all handles
- company's data has to be current and up-to-date
- two or more nameservers and a zone which is correctly configured.
- up to 2 days of processing time
Company number can be checked here: BRREG
In case your registration is rejected, please confirm that the owner has an address in Normal in the handle, the registration number is valid and that the zone of the domain is already correctly resolving. A dns check can be done via the website of the registry: https://dnscheck.norid.no/
- A transfer can be started with an authorization code. This code can be obtained from the current registrar. Once requested, we will process it manually.
- Please note that the transfer will be done with same contacts that the domain already has. See registrant requirements in the section "registration" above.
Once the transfer is done, you will be able to change the registrant.
|Authorization code required||yes|
|Method of confirmation||authcode|
|Registration period after transfer||unchanged|
|Average transfer time||2 days|
|Advanced and simple transfers available||Contact our Sales department to check if easy transfer of 100 or more .no domains is available.|
Owner change (trade)
- Processed immediately
- A contact or nameserver update can be performed by updating the domain in RCP
- This change is processed manually by our support team and may take up to 24 hours
- The Norwegian registry is very strict in updates and does not allow updates of handles that contain the same information as the previous handle
- A domain can be deleted manually through the control panel.
Restore / reactivate
- A domain name can be restored for 90 days after the domain name has been deleted or expired. This is not an automated process.
- Please contact Openprovider support to restore your domain.
- It might take a day before the domain name becomes active again.
|Registration agreement||The registry requires that a registration agreement is in place between the provider and the domain holder. The text of this registration agreement and any required supplements is the following:
Due to the regular changes in registry rules and configuration or missing information from registry side, and despite our effort to keep our knowledge base up-to-date, information in the knowledge base may be outdated or incorrect. If you encounter some issue, please report it through the "HotJar" feedback collector on the bottom right, or (if it is blocked by your browser) by clicking the "Submit a request" link below. No rights can be derived from the information in this knowledge base. If there is discrepancy between the knowledge base and the process in Openprovider, the process in Openprovider is leading.