This article describes the procedures and requirements of .lt domain names.
Click on the subject below to open the dropdown for more information.
Successful domain registration requires:
- up to 72 hours of processing time
Transfer requests are initiated at domreg.lt
- Indicate a new registrar at domreg.lt
- Within 7 days after this operation, order the transfer in Openprovider, otherwise the transfer request will time out.
- Details about selecting a registrar are listed on the registry's website. The steps are the following:
- Log in to the registrant panel
- Select the domain(s) to transfer and select "Hosting Concepts B.V. d/b/a Registrar.eu" as new registrar
- Once done, order the transfer at Openprovider within 7 days.
|Authorization code required||no|
|Method of confirmation||registrarpush|
|Registration period after transfer||unchanged|
|Average transfer time||Max. 7 days|
|Advanced and simple transfers available||Contact our Sales department to check if easy transfer of 100 or more .lt domains is available.|
Owner change (trade)
Trade requests are initiated at domreg.lt
- Initiate a trade request at domreg.lt
- Indicates a new registrant and optionally a new registrar as well (trade and transfer can be combined)
- Order a trade at Openprovider within 7 days after this operation.
- Trade is handled and charged like a new registration
- The period of the domain is reset to one year
- Trade is not allowed for the first 30 days after initial registration of a domain name
- domain update - by updating associated handles
- processed in realtime
- deletion - processed in realtime
- deletion leads to 30 day quarantine
During the quarantine the domain can be re-registered by its original owner. After these 30 days the registry will keep the domain reserved for up to 24 hours (random interval) before releasing it for registration again.
Restore / reactivate
In order to recover/reactivate an .lt domain (during its quarantine), send an email to email@example.com.
|Registration agreement||The registry requires that a registration agreement is in place between the provider and the domain holder. The text of this registration agreement and any required supplements is the following: