You can request the domainname via the control panel. If you would like to use our local presence service, (explained in the "List of requirements" above) please send us an email with the requested information.
A transfer can be requested via the control panel and can take up to 5 days to be processed.
|Transfer authorization code required
|Method of confirmation
|Registration period after transfer
||up to 5 days
|Advanced and simple transfers available
||Contact our Sales department to check if easy transfer of 100 or more .kz domains is available.
Trade (owner change)
This can be requested via the control panel. After the change of registrant has been requested at NIC the current and the future holder of the domain name have to confirm the transaction.
|Detailed extension information
- Registry whois:
- Registry web based whois: whois.nic.kz
- Registry zonefile updates: Once a day
- DNSSEC support: no
- Minimum length: 2 characters
- Maximum length: 63 characters
- Allowed characters: a-z 0-9 -
- IDN characters: n/a
- Registration period: 1-10 years
- Renewal date offset: 0 days
The number of days before the registry's expiration date, that Openprovider requires the domain to be renewed or expired. More info.
- Soft quarantine period: n/a days
During this period, following after an expiration, the domain can be restored for free. This period does not apply if the domain is deleted explicitly. More info.
- Quarantine period: 0 days
During this period, an expired or deleted domain name can be reactivated at an additional fee.
- Local presence required? yes
- Does Openprovider provide local presence services? yes
- Local activity required? yes
- Correct nameserver configuration required?
- VAT or Tax ID of company required - A .KZ domain name can be registered by any individual or company.
- It is not allowed to register domains containing propaganda, narcotics, ethnic, and violent names and activities and those against the laws of Kazakhstan are prohibited.
- For .kz domain names, the webhosting must be located physically in Kazakhstan for all domain names registered after 7th of September 2010.
- The .kz registry performs checks to validate if the webserver is local or not.
- We can provide you a local trustee service for the webhosting. If you use this trustee service, the .kz domain name can only be used for webforwarding and e-mail-forwarding but not in the regular way due to this regulation.
- Please send us a domain name (and an e-mail-adress ) where the .kz domain name should forward to.
||The registry requires that a registration agreement is in place between the provider and the domain holder. The text of this registration agreement and any required supplements is the following: