The registration can be done via the control panel and you need to have your own local address for this extension.
|Transfer authorization code required
|Method of confirmation
|Registration period after transfer
|Advanced and simple transfers available
||Contact our Sales department to check if easy transfer of 100 or more .gi domains is available.
Trade (owner change)
|Detailed extension information
- Registry: Sapphire Networks
- Registry whois:
- Registry web based whois:
- Registry zonefile updates:
- Available second level domains: .ltd.gi, .org.gi
- DNSSEC support: no
- Minimum length: 3 characters
- Maximum length: 63 characters
- Allowed characters: a-z 0-9 -
- IDN characters: yes
- Registration period: 1 year
- Renewal date offset: 0 days
The number of days before the registry's expiration date, that Openprovider requires the domain to be renewed or expired. More info.
- Soft quarantine period: n/a days
During this period, following after an expiration, the domain can be restored for free. This period does not apply if the domain is deleted explicitly. More info.
- Quarantine period: 0 days
During this period, an expired or deleted domain name can be reactivated at an additional fee.
- Local presence required? yes
- Does Openprovider provide local presence services? no
- Local activity required? no
- Correct nameserver configuration required? yes
- Local company contact address, phone.
||The registry requires that a registration agreement is in place between the provider and the domain holder. The text of this registration agreement and any required supplements is the following: