A .gh can only be registered if the registrant and administrative contact are a registered company in Ghana
The technical and billing contacts can be foreign
Domains must be active within six months after registration.
Once a registrtion request is started, support will generate a from that needs to be signed by the owner to complete the registration.
|Transfer authorization code required
|Method of confirmation
|Registration period after transfer
|Advanced and simple transfers available
||Contact our Sales department to check if easy transfer of 100 or more .gh domains is available.
Trade (owner change)
The domain can be delete by a form request email@example.com for said form.
You can let the domain expire.
|Detailed extension information
- Registry whois:
- Registry web based whois:
- Registry zonefile updates: Hourly
- Available second level domains: .com.gh, .org.gh, .edu.gh, .gov.gh, .mil.gh
- DNSSEC support: no
- Min: 3
- Max: 63
- Alphanumeric and a hyphen except in the first or last position
- IDN: No
- Registration period: 1-10 years
- Renewal date offset: 30 days
The number of days before the registry's expiration date, that Openprovider requires the domain to be renewed or expired. More info.
- Soft quarantine period: n/a days
During this period, following after an expiration, the domain can be restored for free. This period does not apply if the domain is deleted explicitly. More info.
- Quarantine period: 0 days
During this period, an expired or deleted domain name can be reactivated at an additional fee.
- Local presence required? yes
- Does Openprovider provide local presence services? no
- Local activity required? yes
- Correct nameserver configuration required? no
- The registrant and administrative contact must be a registered company in Ghana
- The technical and billing contacts can be foreign
- Domains must be active within six months after registration
- The primary nameserver is encouraged to be in Ghana, but this is no requirement.
- Rules for Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy: http://www.icann.org/en/help/dndr/udrp/rules
||The registry requires that a registration agreement is in place between the provider and the domain holder. The text of this registration agreement and any required supplements is the following: