This article describes the procedures and requirements of .co.il domain names.
Click on the subject below to open the dropdown for more information.
Successful domain registration requires:
- If registrant is a company, legal form of the entity (Ltd, Inc, GMBH, etc.) must be stated in the owner handle
NB: registration process takes 2 - 3 business days to complete
- If domain is transferred from ISOC-IL - transfer application form completion is required. Form is sent by the Openprovider support
- If registrant is a company - legal form of the entity (Ltd, Inc, GMBH, etc.) must be stated in the owner handle
|Authorization code required||yes|
|Method of confirmation||authcode|
|Registration period after transfer||unchanged|
|Average transfer time||5 business days|
|Advanced and simple transfers available||Contact our Sales department to check if easy transfer of 100 or more .co.il domains is available.|
Owner change (trade)
- Trade - process is manual, request, containing domain name and receiving owner handle should be submitted to Openprovider support
- Owner change application form completion is required. Form sent back via email in response to trade request
Domain attributes update - via RCP. Not real-time, can take up to 2 days to complete
NB: If error
code=541 description=Invalid attribute value; Organization Legal form for CONTACT invalid or missing is returned - ensure that the company legal form of owner and admin handles is filled-in
According to the Israel Internet association (ISOC) grace period rules, that was updated due to the Covid-19 CO.IL domain will be disabled 45 days after its expiration date and will be deleted in 90 days after its expiration date.
During all this time the current registrant can renew the domain with no additional fee and without any recovery procedures.
- Deletion - can't be requested explicitly. Domain can only expire. Autorenewal setting must be disabled for domains scheduled for deletion
Restore / reactivate
- Restore - not supported for this TLD
|Registration agreement||The registry requires that a registration agreement is in place between the provider and the domain holder. The text of this registration agreement and any required supplements is the following:
Due to the regular changes in registry rules and configuration or missing information from registry side, and despite our effort to keep our knowledge base up-to-date, information in the knowledge base may be outdated or incorrect. If you encounter some issue, please report it through the "HotJar" feedback collector on the bottom right, or (if it is blocked by your browser) by clicking the "Submit a request" link below. If there is discrepancy between the knowledge base and the process in Openprovider, the process in Openprovider is leading.