This article describes the procedures and requirements of .cat domain names.
Click on the subject below to open the dropdown for more information.
- two or more nameservers or a nameserver group
- registrant e-mail address verification applies
Registration of 1- and 2-character domain names is possible as well. The fee for such short domain names is €469 per year. Please contact our support department if you are interested.
|Authorization code required||yes|
|Method of confirmation||authcode|
|Registration period after transfer||extends|
|Average transfer time||Max 6 days|
|Advanced and simple transfers available||Contact our Sales department to check if easy transfer of 100 or more .cat domains is available.|
Owner change (trade)
- Trade - via RCP or API, by updating the owner handle
- Confirmation - via email to losing and gaining domain owners
- Delete - via RCP or API
- Domains, deleted explicitly - locked in hard quarantine 28 days after deletion
- Expired domains - locked in soft quarantine for 44 days. If not restored - locked in hard quarantine 28 more days
Restore / reactivate
|Registration agreement||The registry requires that a registration agreement is in place between the provider and the domain holder. The text of this registration agreement and any required supplements is the following:
Due to the regular changes in registry rules and configuration or missing information from registry side, and despite our effort to keep our knowledge base up-to-date, information in the knowledge base may be outdated or incorrect. If you encounter some issue, please report it through the "HotJar" feedback collector on the bottom right, or (if it is blocked by your browser) by clicking the "Submit a request" link below. No rights can be derived from the information in this knowledge base. If there is discrepancy between the knowledge base and the process in Openprovider, the process in Openprovider is leading.