This article describes the procedures and requirements of .ga domain names.
Click on the subject below to open the dropdown for more information.
ANINF, the National Agency for Digital Infrastructure and Frequencies of the Gabonese Republic, took over the administration of the national ccTLD .GA at the beginning of June and terminated the contract with the company Freenom, which had previously managed .GA. The reason given by ANINF was dissatisfaction with Freenom's services. Now Afnic, the French Network Information Centre, provides the registry backend for .GA.
This migration results in some technical updates as well as price adjustments. What has changed for .GA domains?
• New Domain Auth Codes have been issued.
• New handles have been assigned to the domains while the details remain identical.
• The expiration dates have been set by Afnic by default to: 2024-06-05, 00:00. However, we have adjusted the expiration year in case domains have already been renewed with Freenom for multiple years. These expiration dates are set accordingly to: YYYY-06-05.
• The Deletion/Renewal Timeframe has changed from 6 days prior to Expiration Date to 1 day prior to the Paid Until Date.
At the same time, ANINF has announced changes in the pricing structure. The price change is effective immediately. You will see the price change automatically reflected in your Openprovider Account.
Successful domain registration via RCP or API requires:
- two or more nameservers or a nameserver group
- processed real-time
|Authorization code required
|Method of confirmation
|Registration period after transfer
|Average transfer time
|Advanced and simple transfers available
|Contact our Sales department to check if easy transfer of 100 or more .ga domains is available.
- Requested via RCP or API
- Processed real-time
- Requested via RCP or API
- Domain will be deleted at the registry on explicit delete
Restore / reactivate
- restore / reactivation supported via RCP or API
- quarantine periods can be found under
Detailed extension information > Technical information > Quarantine period
|The registry requires that a registration agreement is in place between the provider and the domain holder. The text of this registration agreement and any required supplements is the following:
Due to the regular changes in registry rules and configuration or missing information from registry side, and despite our effort to keep our knowledge base up-to-date, information in the knowledge base may be outdated or incorrect. If you encounter some issue, please report it through the "HotJar" feedback collector on the bottom right, or (if it is blocked by your browser) by clicking the "Submit a request" link below. No rights can be derived from the information in this knowledge base. If there is discrepancy between the knowledge base and the process in Openprovider, the process in Openprovider is leading.