Darkness falls across the land, the midnight hour is close at hand. Watch your back and keep your eyes peeled for terrific deals this Halloween!
Read our full newsletter to get this month’s latest domain related news!
Supported DNSEC algorithms update for .lu and .at
We have updated the list of supported DNSSEC algorithms for .lu (Luxemburg) and .at (Austria, includes .co.at and .or.at). The following algorithms are supported now: 8, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16.
se and .nu registry has changes in store for us!
The Swedish registry, responsible for the management of .se and .nu domain names, will stop supporting administrative and technical contacts. When registering through our API, you can omit those handles and thanks to our API being backwards compatible, even if you send an administrative or technical contact, your request will be accepted and this data will be ignored.
On top of that, their Terms and Conditions have been updated. The new terms were published on the registry’s website on the 1st of October, and come into effect on the 1st of November.
AFNIC says goodbye to domains ending in gouv.fr
The French registry AFNIC no longer accepts .fr domain names that end in '-gouv.fr', because that is too similar to the governmental websites that end in '.gov.fr'. This has been updated in the registry’s Naming Policy.
Price changes incoming for .info, .mobi, .pro, .icu, .za.com and .sa.com!
The following registries have announced a price increase of their extensions:
- .sa.com and .za.com will cost $30 more on the 30th of November 2021. The new Member price will be $99.
- Donuts announced a price increase for .info, .mobi and .pro effective from the 14th of January 2022. The new prices for registration, renewal and transfer are the following; the restore price does not change:
- .info: after a price increase of $1.45, the new Member price will be $14.79
- .mobi: after a price increase of $1.75, the new Member price will be $17.58
- .pro: after a price increase of $1.45, the new Member price will be $14.78
ShortDot, the .icu registry, announced a price increase on their premium domain names: premium domains registered after the 28th of February 2022 will renew at premium price. Domain names registered before this date will be grandfathered and renew at the lower, standard fee.
For all extensions, you can benefit from early renewals! If you renew your domain names before the date of the price increase, you pay the current, lower price. You can renew each domain up to a total registration period of 10 years, and thus save up to $300 per domain!
1 and 2 character .gal domains have arrived!
The .gal registry will open the one and two-character .gal domain registrations for everyone. Therefore, from November 4, short domain names will be available for registration.
New SSL certificate types are coming to Openprovider!
Thanks to our thriving cooperation with Sectigo, we will be soon adding new SSL certificate types to Openprovider’s portfolio. These will be:
- S/MIME (Personal ID certificates)
- Code Signing Certificates
Here are more details on what each of the above certificates provide:
- The S/MIME certificate allows you to digitally sign and encrypt emails.It uses the recipient’s public key to encrypt messages which only the intended recipient’s private key can decrypt. Sectigo’s secure email certificates are supported by all major email applications, such as Microsoft Outlook, Exchange, mobile operating systems and many more.
- Code Signing certificates allow you to digitally sign applications and software programs to verify the source of the file along with code integrity. They are very useful for software publishers to confirm that their software has not been tampered with by any outside source.
More details about pricing and provisioning flow will be provided closer to the release date!
Upcoming Server Downtime
The Openprovider Reseller Control Panel (RCP) & API will be unavailable due to database migration procedures carried out on Sunday, October 24th 05:00 - 07:00 UTC (07:00 - 09:00 CEST) and Sunday October 31st 06:00 - 11:00 UTC (07:00 - 12:00 CET).
Updates to new gTLDs
- 12 October: .spa
- 29 November: .zuerich
Upcoming price changes
- 1 October: .agency, .business, .church, .company, .consulting, .digital, .education, .email, .family, .games, .group, .guru, .international, .live, .ltd, .media, .network, .news, .ninja, .photography, .rocks, .solutions, .studio, .support, .systems, .technology, .tips, .today and .video
- 30 November: .sa.com and .za.com
- 15 December: .wiki, .ink, and .gay premium price reductions
- 1 January: .wien
- 14 January: .info, .mobi and .pro
Top TLD weekly promotions have landed at Openprovider!
At Openprovider we’ve decided to offer our resellers unique weekly deals on top TLDs!
Our prices just keep getting better
Our commitment to seeing our members grow with us and helping them maximize their profit has led us to adjust the prices of four of our extensions. This is the result of our quarterly cost price review, created with the aim of trying to adjust prices as much as possible:
- .AE (create/renew/transfer): AED 114.71 —> AED 114.17
- Create: €3.58 —> €3.59
- Renew/transfer: €2.61 —> €2.62
- .DK (create/renew/transfer): DKK 49.3 —> DKK 49.11
- .CZ (create/renew/transfer): CZK 209 —> CZK 201.45
This price change will come into effect on 8th November.