For a more visual explanation and deeper info about e-mail customization or "white labeling", our blog post is a must-read!
For many extensions, Openprovider is required to send expiration / renewal reminders to the domain holder as long as the domain has not yet been renewed:
- the first one around 30 days before the domain's expiration date
- the second one around 7 days before the domain's expiration date
- the last one after expiration of the domain
ICANN requires us to do so for all gTLDs (like .com, .info, .shop and .amsterdam). Those e-mails are called "ERRP", which stands for "Expired Registration Recovery Policy".
The white label tools of Openprovider allow you to personalize these e-mails. You can customize the lay-out and send them from your own e-mail address. This is done via the reseller control panel, page Account > Settings > ERRP branding. The following elements can be customized:
- Subject of the e-mail. You can write it in your own language, make it less formal, or any other change. You can add the domain name in it by using the variable %%domainName%%. An example might be: "Notification about domain renewal for %%domainName%%"
- From address. Use your support department's e-mail address here, for example. Any valid e-mail address is allowed.
- Reseller name. If you do not want to use your own reseller name, provide here another name.
- E-mail body. You are completely free in styling your e-mail. The only requirement is that there you must include the variable %%expirationDate%% in the e-mail - this will be replaced by the domain's expiration date. Optional variables that you can use are the resellerName, domainName and customerName.
You can review the changes immediately in the example e-mails below the form. If everything is according to your wishes, press the Save button. Your customers will now receive the personalized white label e-mails.