If you transfer a domain to your own account, it may be that the domain is already registered at Openprovider, but with another reseller. You don't have to take care about this: in most cases the transfer process works exactly similar as a transfer from another registrar.
If you have a lot of domains that you want to move between two reseller accounts, for example because you are merging multiple accounts that you manage (or splitting a single account), regular transfers may not be the most efficient way.
For such cases, we have a special procedure in place that allows for an internal bulk transfer - a transfer of a larger number of domains between two Openprovider resellers that requires just two signatures on a transfer form. Apart from efficiency, the biggest advantage is that all contact data will be migrated as well and expiration dates do not change. The procedure is as follows:
- Complete and sign the internal bulk transfer form; both the losing and the gaining reseller should sign
- In case just a part of the account must be transferred, a list of the affected domains must be sent in two formats: a list in plain text (e.g. a spreadsheet) and a list signed by both resellers
- By signing the form, the gaining reseller agrees on paying the fixed fee of €80 for the bulk transfer and acknowledges that any additional services attached to the domain (including but not limited to trustee service, DNS zone, domain forwarding and whois privacy protection) will be taken over as well
- Openprovider will validate the bulk transfer with the losing and gaining reseller
- Finally, Openprovider will complete the bulk transfer and inform both resellers about the result