A new registration is processed in realtime.
Note that, as for ICANN's contact verification requirements, we are obliged to send an e-mail to the domain owner if his e-mail address was not verified before. Failure to respond to this e-mail may lead to suspension of any gTLD domain name with this same e-mail address in the owner contact.
The transfer process follows the general transfer process for generic top level domains (gTLDs), as defined by ICANN:
- Ensure that the domain is not locked at the current provider. The domain can only be transferred if the status is not clientTransferProhibited or serverTransferProhibited. You can check the domain status in the whois.
- Request the transfer with the authorization code of the domain. The current registrar can provide this authorization code.
- An e-mail is sent to the owner and the administrative contact of the domain. One of those contacts will have to confirm this e-mail to allow the transfer of the domain. If the e-mail is not confirmed within 14 days, the transfer will fail.
- From the moment that the e-mail for the transfer has been confirmed, the current registrar has 5 days to explicitly approve or reject the transfer request. If the current registrar does respond, the transfer will be completed on the 6th day after the e-mail has been confirmed.
Some additional notes on a gTLD transfer
- The current expiration date of the domain is extended after the transfer finishes. You do not lose any registration period; instead, the domain will get an additional year to the current expiration date. We will charge one year domain fee.
- After a transfer or a new registration, a domain is locked by the registry during 60 days. During those 60 days, the domain cannot be transferred to another registrar.
- Through our control panel, you can cancel or re-request a transfer. You can do it here https://rcp.openprovider.eu/web/action/index#/domain/queue/transfer/incoming:
- Through our control panel, you can check the current status of a transfer. Go to https://rcp.openprovider.eu/web/action/index#/domain/overview and click on the domain, this is what you will see:
- On the previous screenshot you can also see that the e-mail for the transfer (also called FOA e-mail - Form Of Authorization) can be resent via our control panel.
- Tip: did you know that you can completely personalise the e-mails that are sent in the transfer process, along with many other types of e-mails? Check our blog post for more information!
|Transfer authorization code required||yes|
|Method of confirmation||authcode,email|
|Registration period after transfer||extends|
|Transfer time||Max 19 days|
|Advanced and simple transfers available||Contact our Sales department to check if easy transfer of 100 or more .feedback domains is available.|
A change of ownership can be done by replacing the owner contact in the control panel. After saving the changes the change is processed realtime. Both the previous and the new registrant will receive an e-mail.
A change of contact details or nameservers can be done by updating the associated handles or nameservers in the control panel. After saving the changes, the domain name will be updated in realtime.
If as part of the update the domain owner's e-mail address changes, we're obliged to start a contact verification process if this new e-mail address was not verified before. Failure to respond to this e-mail may lead to suspension of any gTLD domain name with this same e-mail address in the owner contact.
A delete is realtime.
After a delete the domain will be in quarantine status for 30 days. During this period the domain can be reactivated.
5 days after the 30 days it has status pendingDelete and will be deleted after these 5 days.
A domain name can be restored for 30 days after the domain name has been deleted or expired.
|Detailed extension information|
|Registration agreement||The registry requires that a registration agreement is in place between the provider and the domain holder. The text of this registration agreement and any required supplements is the following: