Domain validation is required for all SSL certificates: OV, EV and DV. A customer can confirm domain validation using one of three methods.
The most popular method is an email validation, but with the help of our API you can change this to one of the other validation methods. Please refer to examples applicable to DV Products validation.
Click "Follow the instructions" in "Certificate history" block to retrieve value for an exact orders.
If you integrated with Openprovider via API please use method of "Retrieving SSL Orders".
Initialize an outgoing email to an address that is undeniably linked to the domain name that the SSL certificate(s) will secure. This e-mail contains a link that the recipient should click to validate the certificate. The following so-called "approver email addresses" are containing pre-approved values:
- admin@..., followed by the (sub) domain of the certificate ;
- administrator@..., followed by the (sub) domain of the certificate ;
- postmaster@..., followed by the (sub) domain of the certificate ;
- hostmaster@..., followed by the (sub) domain of the certificate ;
- webmaster@..., followed by the (sub) domain of the certificate ;
- any WHOIS-visible email addresses e.g. JohnAppleseed@ ... , followed by the (sub) domain of the certificate ;
Please note that select one of an approval email during order creation is required only for Comodo products. Digicert products use all emails listed above and emails are sent to all of them once.
Digicert product requesters needs confirming just one of links from the random available email box.
To validate, you must enter these hash values as a DNS record for your domain according to the following format, where example.com is the FQDN contained in your certificate:
The CSR you submit to CA will be hashed. The hash values are provided to you to create a simple plain-text file and place this in a specific host directory.