What methods are possible to prove my domain ownership?
Domain ownership confirmation methods are Email, DNS, File validation.
Domain validation is required for all SSL certificates: OV, EV, and DV.
Table of contents
1. Email validation
2. DNS validation
3. File validation
Click "Follow the instructions" in the "Certificate history" block to retrieve value for exact orders.
If you integrated with Openprovider via API please use method of "Retrieving SSL Orders".
Outgoing email to an address that is linked to the domain name that the SSL certificate(s) will secure.
It contains a link that the recipient should click to validate the certificate. The following so-called "approver email addresses" are containing pre-approved values:
- admin@..., followed by the (sub) domain of the certificate ;
- administrator@..., followed by the (sub) domain of the certificate ;
- postmaster@..., followed by the (sub) domain of the certificate ;
- hostmaster@..., followed by the (sub) domain of the certificate ;
- webmaster@..., followed by the (sub) domain of the certificate ;
- any WHOIS-visible email addresses e.g. JohnDoe@ ... , followed by the (sub) domain of the certificate ;
Please note that select one of an approval email during order creation is required for Comodo products.
Use API response: Retrieving a list of approval emails.
Use hash values as a DNS record for a domain according to the format, where example.com is the FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name) contained in your certificate:
Hash values are provided to you to create a simple plain-text file and place this in a specific host directory.