Choosing the right SSL certificate can be a challenge. Openprovider provides you with a free to use wizard that you can include on your own website.You can use it out-of-the-box or customize it to fit your needs.
Important: this process of installation has to be done by a technical person, a website administrator or someone who has access to the source codes of the website where the wizard will be installed.
This manual go through the steps you or your website administrator should follow to implement the white label SSL certificates wizard provided by Openprovider in your website.
Implement the wizard
First of all, download the wizard file(s) which are attached to this article (links at the bottom).
The file 'wizard.html' is the file that contains the steps and choices that are presented to the user. The first few lines in the wizard include this piece of code:
<a id=”ssl_wizard_link” rel=”#ssl_wizard” href='#”>Start SSL wizard</a>
This is the code that causes the wizard to appear and be launched. Once this link is included in your website the rest of the files in the .zip archive need to be included in your website to make the images and the results page work.
- Copy the files from wizard_files to appropriate folders of your website (/images, /js, /css).
- In the file screen.css there are paths to the files that are used in the wizard. These will need to be updated to the correct paths to the files.
Configure the wizard
By default the wizard will link to the Openprovider website and Openprovider order pages. To make it work with your own website and information-pages, please make sure to modify this in order to make it work with your own website. Open the file wizard.js in a text editor. The first part of this file is the configuration part.
To set the language you can change the variable 'lang' in 'en' for English, 'es' for Spanish or 'nl' for Dutch.
In the next section you can modify the URL of your website by modifying 'descUrl' to your own website. This will cause every URL that is placed in the wizard to link to your website.
The variable 'descUrlPostFix' is used for creating a link to the information pages about the certificates, this can be empty.
Following the language-specific links the links to your information pages will be built. This will be done by adding variables together like this:
“your website URL (descUrl)” + “your product URL (prodUrl)” + “your URL postfix (descUrlPostFix (can be empty)”
As an example, Openprovider would have this link for a certificate:
https://www.openprovider.nl + /geotrust/quickssl-premium + -ssl-certificaat
The variable for the product URL will be defined later in this manual, so don't worry about this for now.
To allow a certificate to be ordered through your own website the variable 'orderUrl' is required. This is a link to your webshop, excluding the unique identifier for your products. As an example for Openprovider, we have the URL
to order a QuickSSL Premium of Geotrust. The number '8' is our unique identifier, which is defined later in this manual. Which makes our 'orderUrl' the link, without the identifier:
When the wizard provides suggestions for certificates it will make a link that is generated like this:
"your order-page URL (orderUrl)” + “Unique Product Identifier (prodId)"
The url can be modified if necessary on line 30 of wizard.js.
Descriptions and identifiers
To allow the wizard to link directly to your own information pages and allow your customers to order directly at your own webshop the configuration table will need to be modified to your needs. From line 41 and on the descriptions, product URLs and unique identifiers are kept.
- The first value is the product name. This is the name that is shown in the wizard as a suggestion. The default values should be correct, but if a different name is required you can change this freely.
- The second value is the product URL. This was mentioned before and will be used to generate the URL to the information page for the SSL certificate on your website. The URL will be generated like this: “your website URL” + “product URL”. Change these accordingly to your own pages. These values can be identical if you have a single webpage for SSL information.
- The third value is the product identifier. In our systems we have a product ID for certificates, chances are that your own ordering website has a different URL for this. The ordering URL is generated like this: “your order-page URL” + “unique identifier”. Change the unique identifier in the value that represents your ordering process.
- Do you want to configure the icon “30 days money back”? On the top of the configuration section of the wizard.js file, there is a variable “showTriallmg”. Change from 'true' to 'false' and the icon image will be invisible then.
- Do you want to modify any other labels? Please open the wizard.js file and there you can change the content that is shown in the white label wizard.
Once all values in the configuration part are modified to your wishes you can save the file and replace the default version that you uploaded to your website earlier. You can now start your own personalized wizard and test the links and ordering process, good luck with using our white label wizard!