How to initiate a bulk transfer of .eu domain names
Advantages of using the registry bulk transfer option:
- all domains are moved at once
- all handles are created automatically
- nameserversettings are copied
- expiration date stays unchanged
- transfercodes are not required
- can be used when you have an own registrar account or via a third party (partial transfer)
A completed and signed bulk transfer form. Please send us your registrar ID and registrar name, and we will pre-fill the form and send it to you for signature.
A list of domains to transfer. This list is required only in case of a partial take-over.
A copy of the note that you send to your customers about this change. For your convenience, an example of such a note is placed at the bottom of this article, you can use it as a starting point for your own communication.
After receipt of the required documents and information, Openprovider will schedule the transfer together with the registry. Normally this can be scheduled within a week. The transfer will be completed by Openprovider and the registry, no further action from your side is required.
After the transfer has finished, the domains, contacts and nameservers have been imported into your Openprovider account. From that moment on, you can manage your .eu domains through Openprovider.
Depending on the number of domains of the take-over, the import into Openprovider may take up to a couple of hours. That means that any updates must wait until the domain is in Openprovider. In case of urgent updates, we are able to assist you of course!
A EURid bulk transfer is free of charge, unless it is not a complete take-over. Any additional customisations by Openprovider may be charged. A special quote will be made.
In case of a partial take-over the costs are € 0,25 per domain name, with a minimum of € 500. This is similar to the price that the registry charges to Openprovider.
In other words: if you transfer 2.000 domains or less, the price will be € 500. If you transfer more than 2.000 domains, the price will be the number of domains times € 0,25. For example, for a transfer of 10.000 domains, the price is € 2.500.
But even for a small portfolio € 500 might be considerable, as it will save you a lot of manual effort and time: creation of contacts, retrieving the one-time authorization codes, starting the transfers, loss of registration period, et cetera.
All prices mentioned are excluding VAT.
Example notification to domain holders
Often, the notification sent to domain holders is based upon the following example. This notification can be sent personally by e-mail, or included in a newsletter. The registry requires that domain holders are informed, but does not define the method of communication.
To simplify our administration and optimize our service to our customers, we will change the registrar of your .eu domain(s). You will not notice anything from this change, your domain name will continue to function as it always did.
Deleted and quarantined domains
Domains for which a deletion date in the future was set or domains that are in quarantine are handled in a special way:
- Quarantined domains are migrated to Openprovider's registry account, but we do not import them into your account. If you want to restore a domain from quarantine which was not imported, please contact our support department. The regular reactivation costs apply.
- If you have set a deletion date for a domain name, Openprovider will remove that deletion date. The domain will autorenew at its expiration date. If you want to cancel such domain registration, set auto-renew to off for this domain.
* All contacts, nameserver and DNSSEC data is copied, with one exception: the "whois e-mail address", the address that can optionally be assigned to a registrant object and which will be published in the whois, instead of the real registrant address. You will need to update these data after the import has been completed.