How to transfer domains from one Openprovider account to another?
Sometimes it happens that you need to switch domains between accounts. If the list is short it is relatively easy to just start internal transfers for these by starting a transfer via the regular transfer processes in our control panel. If there are hundreds of domains to be moved then Openprovider can assist you with moving the domains.
Internal transfer using the control panel
An internal transfer must be requested as a normal transfer. Depending on the extension, domain will be transferred instantly or when the current reseller confirms the transfer.
- Domains with authcode: Once the internal transfer is requested, using the authcode and adding the nameservers and the handles, domain will be transferred instantly to the new account. Domains will not be renewed and not charged because they will not be renewed.
- Domains without authcode: Once the internal transfer is requested, the current reseller will receive an email informing about that request. Current reseller will have to confirm the internal transfer from Domain Management > Requests queue transfers and trades > Outgoing transfers. Once confirmed, domains will be transferred to the new reseller.
Internal transfer in bulk
To have your domains and services moved by the Support department please send us an email with the following information:
- Which domains or services do you want moved? Please be specific in this step and send us a list of domains and services to move, this makes it a lot easier to process.
- From which username/account to which username/account do you want it moved?
- Does the new/future owner agree? Put them on CC so they can confirm the request. We may also call them for verification.
We can move Domain Names, SSL Certificates and Plesk Licenses for you. We are not able to move SpamExperts domain names or bundles.
When we move an item to the new account all settings will remain identical to before the move. DNS zones will be migrated as well. Expiration dates and contact persons remain unchanged.
Costs may be charged for this service, please contact support before sending a mail to discuss these costs. Depending on the amount of services moved it may be needed to charge an hourly rate for moving them.