How to transfer a domain to Openprovider?
Transferring a domain in the control panel is very easy.
In order to transfer a domain you should follow these steps:
1. Go to Domains Overview > Transfers
2. Click on New Transfer
3. Now, you will be redirected to our new Transfer Dashboard which is designed to make your transfer experience even better!
4. Select the type of transfer you want to proceed with and you will be redirected to the next page.
Let's go with Regular Domain Transfer.
5. In the new transfer dashboard, you can add upto 50 domains at one time!
6. Add the domain and click Next Step which will take you to the next menu.
7. Insert the Auth Code, a date if you would like to schedule your transfer, Contact Handles (Owner, Admin, Billing), Nameserver Group / Nameservers
8.You can add notes about the transfer and even save the details of the domain in the system.
9. Once everything is completed, click on Start Transfer.
Please, keep in mind that due to the many different types of rules concerning domain name transfers it is not possible to make an article covering all possibilities.
When in doubt you can consult our documentation about TLDs where we list the procedures for most TLDs we can offer. This documentation can be found here.
Please note that you can also search in our knowledge base by simply typing the TLD in the search bar at the top of this page.
In general, a few things can happen when transferring a domain name.
- A transfer code can be needed (you may request this at your current registrar)
- The owner may have to approve of the transfer by clicking a link that is sent to them
- Signed forms may be required
- ..procedures can differ depending on the domain extension.
Check the TLD documentation for the domain in question to check what the procedures are. The documentation also tells you how long a transfer can take.