How to make a trade (change of owner) for a .es?
To change the owner of a .es domain, it is necessary that the domain owner or the administrative contact request such a change in ESNIC. Below we explain the steps to follow to start a change of ownership.
Please, be aware that we can manage this trade and make it for you but it would have an additional fee of 60 euros. If you prefer to do it by yourself, please follow these steps:
- Before you start first you must make sure that the contact that will be the new owner of the domain has an identifier created in ESNIC. To do this you must contact us. You must send us the Openprovider contact (something like RF543535-ES) of the new owner and we will confirm if it is already created or, where appropriate, we will create it and send it to you in order to be used.
- Once you have the new handle, log in here with the administrative or owner handle and password. If you do not have the password you must request it on this website and ESNIC will send it to you by e-mail. If you do not know the handle of the owner or administrative contact you can look for it in the whois.
- Once in, click on Domain Transfer Request. In this section enter the handle of the new owner and the administrative contact (PCA).
If you have logged in with the administrative contact, you must add a copy of the DNI, since this must be a person with name and surname.
If you have logged in with the contact of the owner, you must add a copy of the DNI if the holder is a natural person or a copy of the CIF / NIF if the holder is a company.
- Once the ID is added, you will see this notification:
- And you will receive this email to the address of the administrative contact, which you must confirm:
- Confirm the change of owner.
- In this step, you must click on "Registrar agent" and click on REGISTRAR.EU. This is very important because if you do not mark it, the domain will be transferred to the registry and will no longer be in Openprovider.
- Once the ID is added again, you will see this notification.
- At this time, the process depends on the registrar agent, that is, on Openprovider. Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the domain name so we can confirm the change.
- Once the change is confirmed, it will be in the hands of the registry. When the registry accepts it, the change will take place.