You can configure white lists and black lists for both recipient as sender. This is very useful if you have for example an abuse e-mail address that should receive all e-mail. In this case, you add email@example.com to the recipient white list.
Articles in this section
- How does incoming filtering work?
- How to setup an incoming spam filter
- Which MX records should I use?
- How do I filter out spam traffic on a domain?
- Can I login without going to the Openprovider control panel first?
- Can I configure fallback mail servers?
- Testing your mailserver when using Spamexperts
- What are domain aliases?
- How do I make a certain e-mail address not being filtered?
- I want to white-list your servers on my own mailserver, what are your IP addresses?