Depending on your location and if you entered a VAT number in your account, VAT will be charged.
Here is a short overview:
- Within the Netherlands: VAT is always charged
- Within the EU, without valid VAT number: VAT is charged
- Within the EU, with valid VAT number: No VAT is charged
- Outside the EU: No VAT is charged
Openprovider will periodically check the VAT numbers in our systems and notify you if your number is no longer valid. If your number is no longer valid, it may cause VAT to be charged. As long as your VAT number is valid, you have nothing to worry about.
You can insert your VAT number on this page in the RCP;
How can I check that VAT is not added?
When you order a product, you might see the price "including VAT" This does not mean necessarily that we charge VAT.
- If you see that the total price and the price including VAT is the same, that means that 0% of VAT is charged - so no added VAT.
- If you see that the total price and the price including VAT is different, VAT has indeed been charged.
See the examples below of a Plesk order where no VAT is added VS 21% VAT is added.