Registration is realtime and requires no additional data.
A transfer requires a transfer code. Once started an e-mail will be sent to the domain owner for confirmation. After the transfer has finished, the domain owner will receive another e-mail from the registry.
If you provide an invalid authorization code, the registry returns an unclear error: "No open confirmation-process of the domain [domainname.at] to the registrar  found." Check the authorization code with your current registrar.
In case the current registrar cannot or does not provide the authorization code of a domain name, please contact us. We might be able to retrieve the code through the registry directly. Before contacting our support team, please check if the e-mail address of the domain holder in the whois is correct.
|Transfer authorization code required||yes|
|Method of confirmation||authcode|
|Registration period after transfer||unchanged|
|Advanced and simple transfers available||Contact our Sales department to check if easy transfer of 100 or more .at domains is available.|
An owner change can be performed by updating the owner handle of the domain. This change is processed realtime. The registry will inform both the old and the new holder by e-mail.
Updates are processed in realtime.
There are two ways of removing a .at domain from Openprovider:
- Explicitly deleting it requires written confirmation from the domain owner and will result in a 8 weeks redemption period. A delete should be done at most 24 days before the domain's renewal date. The deletion form can easily be created at the registry's website and is for your own administration only.
- "Withdrawing" gives the domain back to the registry. The contractual relationship is now between registry (NIC AT) and domain owner. NIC AT will send a renewal invoice to the domain owner. If the end user wants to delete the domain, he should send a signed form to NIC AT.
- Available second level domains: .co.at, .or.at
- DNSSEC support: no
- Minimum length: 3 characters
- Maximum length: 63 characters
- Allowed characters: a-z 0-9 -
- IDN characters: yes
- Registration period: 1 year
- Renewal date offset: 0
- Quarantine period: 55
- Local presence required? no
- Does Openprovider provide local presence services? n/a
- Local activity required? no
- Correct nameserver configuration required? no
- The Domain(s) can be registered without further limitations.
- Nameservers must be configured and return an authoritative answer before the domain is requested.
- Terms and conditions: http://www.nic.at/en/service/legal_information/terms_conditions/
- Registration guidelines: http://www.nic.at/en/service/legal_information/registration_guidelines/
Restores are possible within 55 days after deletion if the domain was deleted explicitly.
|Detailed extension information|
|Registration agreement||The registry requires that a registration agreement is in place between the provider and the domain holder. The text of this registration agreement and any required supplements is the following: